LifePoint Hospitals Announces National Physician Advisory Board
Published By: • 07/16/2013 3:22 PM
Brentwood, Tenn. – LifePoint Hospitals®, a leading hospital company focused on providing quality healthcare close to home, announced today the appointment of a National Physician Advisory Board to provide strategic guidance to the company on efforts related to enhanced clinical quality, physician engagement, and innovative models of healthcare delivery.
“So much of healthcare happens outside the hospital, and it is essential that we engage the physicians in our communities in order to provide a strong continuum of care for our patients,” said Rusty Holman, M.D., Chief Medical Officer for LifePoint. “The National Physician Advisory Board will provide a platform for our company’s leadership to collaborate with community physicians in a strategic and meaningful way. We are very eager to work with an engaged group of physicians to guide LifePoint’s mission of making communities healthier.”
The LifePoint National Physician Advisory Board, which met for the first time July 9 – 10, in Durham, NC, is led by Dr. Holman, who serves as chairperson and an ex officio member. The inaugural group, comprised of nine physicians representing a cross section of both employed and independent physician practices from a range of geographic locations, includes the following members:
- John Andazola, M.D., FAAFP, Southern New Mexico Family Medicine Residency Program, Las Cruces, NM
- Michael Alan Caplan, M.D., Piedmont Internal Medicine, Danville, VA
- Jonathan Barry Dixon, M.D., Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital, Somerset, KY
- William Hunter Housman, M.D., MESA Medical Group, Lexington, KY
- William J. Jean, M.D., Upper Michigan Cardiovascular Associates, P.C., Marquette, MI
- Michael A. (Tony) Kelly, M.D., FACEP, TeamHealth Atlantic, Daniels, WV
- Jacques Yves LeBlanc, M.D., Salud Family Health Center, Fort Morgan, CO
- Karen Murray Radley, M.D., The Family Clinic, Price, UT
“LifePoint’s vision is for every one of our hospitals to be places where people choose to come for healthcare, physicians want to practice, and employees want to work. By engaging patient-centered physician leaders from across our company’s footprint, we will be in a stronger position to advance all aspects of this vision,” said David Dill, President and Chief Operating Officer for LifePoint.
A key focus of the board will be to provide on-going strategic guidance on LifePoint’s efforts to engage physicians and develop integrated healthcare delivery systems within its hospitals’ communities. In addition, the group will advise LifePoint on matters related to clinical quality and patient safety, IT solutions and healthcare informatics, physician recruitment, retention and satisfaction and other strategic initiatives undertaken by the company.